Importance of breast for women
The inadequacies and anomalies in the breast tissue, which has been the symbol of femininity, femininity and motherhood throughout history, deeply affect women's psychology.
What are the causes of insufficiency in breast tissue?
While breast tissue is similar in all girls in the pre-puberty period, the breast begins to take shape with the start of hormonal activity and the effect of the female hormone estrogen after puberty.
In this period, in addition to genetic factors and hormonal factors, nutrition and body fat tissue ratio are also factors affecting breast size.
Depending on these factors, breast size insufficiency may occur.
In addition, in cases of excessive weight loss or in the post-pregnancy and breastfeeding period, breast reduction, sagging and volume reduction can be observed.
What are the breast enlargement options?
The most commonly applied method is breast augmentation with a silicone implant and is the most common aesthetic surgery.
In limited suitable cases, breast augmentation can be performed with fat injection.
- After the surgery is decided, the necessary measurements are made and it is decided what kind of prosthesis to choose. The prosthesis is determined by evaluating the patient's wishes, measurements and body structure together.
- Since the operation is under general anesthesia, preoperative preparations, examinations, breast imaging (usg, mammography - ab. over 40 years old-) are performed.
- After the operation, which takes about 1-1.5 hours under general anesthesia, the bra and bandage are applied, and the patient is usually discharged on the evening of the operation or after staying in the hospital for 1 day.
- Usually the pain is minimal and passes easily. The prosthesis placed behind the pectoral muscle may cause limitation in arm movements for a few days.
- At the end of the operation, a bra or wrap is applied to the breast. Swelling and edema may occur in the early postoperative period, after 3 weeks the edema decreases and the prosthesis is fully placed. The patient can return to work life in 3-4 days. It is recommended to stay away from heavy sports, sauna and solarium for 2 months.
Does implant cause breast cancer?
- No. A link between breast cancer and silicone has not been identified.
Does it affect breastfeeding and lactation?
- No. Since the silicone is placed between the breast and the pectoral muscle or behind the pectoral muscle, it does not affect the breast tissue and milk ducts.
Are silicone implants safe?
- Silicon is obtained by processing the silicon material in sand and crystal and turning it into solid gel and liquid in the laboratory environment. It has been used millions of times all over the world since the 1960s. The outer wall of frequently used implants contains solid silicone and cohesive gel silicone.
- Silicone implants are round or anatomical (drop) shaped. Their surfaces are various as smooth (smooth), rough (nanotexture, microtexture, macrotexture).
Where is the silicone placed?
- The prosthesis is placed behind the breast tissue or in the pocket created behind the pectoral muscle after a 4-5 cm incision made from the submammary fold (Submammarian), around the nipple (Circumareolar) or under the armpit (axillary).
- Although a prosthesis can be placed endoscopically by entering around the navel, it is not a widely accepted method. At the entrance, there will be a clear mark at the beginning, which will become indistinct over time.
If you are interested in aesthetics, Breast Reduction and Breast Lifting you should definitely read our articles.